Throughout the year we are looking forward to bringing a programme of events and activities to Walton town centre to help drive footfall, awareness and interest from not only the local community but a wider audience too.
Below is a list of the ‘possible’ events we are working on that we’d love for BID members to get involved in.
Walton Kids Club
For each of the school breaks, we plan to host a series of activities to help encourage families into the town. The event we ran in October 2021 brought hundreds of children and their families into Walton to enjoy free face painting, magic shows, and craft workshops.
If you’d like to host an activity in your store or provide a dining offer to encourage customers, view this post to find out more.
Walton Folk Festival
We’re working with Riverhouse Barn Arts Centre to expand their popular Walton Folk Festival. Over the May Day Bank Holiday weekend, we are looking to bring some musical acts into the town centre with a series of pop-up performances and a street event.
Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
In 2022, Her Majesty The Queen will become the first British Monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee, marking 70 years on the throne. Over the four-day bank holiday at the beginning of June, there will be some exciting events and activities across the town to celebrate this unprecedented anniversary.
- Wiggle and Scribble Playground – all jubilee weekend – outside Walton Library, Hepworth Way at The Heart Shopping Centre
- Walton’s Jubilee Jamboree 9:30am – 7pm- Saturday 4th – Walton High Street
- Platinum River Pageant 4pm – Thursday 2nd – Shepperton – Sunbury Lock
- Live Music from 8pm – Thursday 2nd – The Walton Village
- Charity Royal Doggie Photoshoot from 12noon – Friday 3rd – The Walton Village (£5 per hound, all proceeds go to the RSPCA)
- Tobias Ben Jacob, Walton Folk – 7.30pm Saturday 4th – The Riverhouse Barn Arts Centre
Walton Heritage Festival
Celebrating the town’s heritage and connection with the River, Walton Heritage Festival will return with a day of family fun and entertainment.
Exact dates and details to follow soon!
Walton Christmas Fair
Kicking off the Christmas season, we hope to bring a day of festive entertainment and switch on Walton’s Christmas lights.
Exact dates and details will follow later in the year.
If you are interested in getting involved in any of the events by hosting some activities, havinig a pop-up market stand, or offers to help drive footfall and promote awareness of your business, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com
We’d love to hear your ideas.